Sunday, June 25, 2017

June 19, 2017 - Alma, GA

Hey Y'all!

Its the last one!!! Can you believe it? This week is gonna be a pretty big week for me cause I'm gonna make sure I leave everything I have left on the court. Ya gotta sprint to the finish!  But Happy Fathers day Dad  But yes this is last email by me before I'll be home so its really surreal to think that next week I'll be talking to ya. But I'm very excited to come home and be at home with y'all again! Its is a very bittersweet feeling but I feel I confident I have served the Lord with all my heart, might, mind, and strength and so I am glad I can come home feeling great and have peace of mind about my effort!

This past week has been a good one for us, we have seen a lot of advancement with our investigators testimonies as well as my own. Elder Showers and I had a funny/ scary experience on Monday night. We were leaving our last lesson of the night and there was this sunset over this pond and it was super pretty so we stop to take a picture on the side of the road. After we take a few pictures, we're headed back to our trailer when all of a sudden this grey Silverado truck passes us and cuts us off and we slam on the brakes!! We both were shocked and this old man about 65 years old steps out and comes to our car and starts yelling at us cause he asked " What were y'all doin' but my pond?" We were both confused because we stopped on the shoulder of the road and it wasnt even his property but he said "You should have asked before you take pictures!" We said how were we supposed to know that this pond in the middle of nowhere was yours?" Were we supposed to knock on every trailer and ask if we can take a picture? Anyway this guy goes on and wont accept our apology and says " If you boys would've kept on going I would've ran you off into the road!" We were like shoot dang sir, but after 15 minutes of him picking a fight over nothing he calms down and sees we were respectable and drives off, but we were just stunned cause who does that? Funny past of the story is he had a broken wrist too and says" You boys dont know what I've gone through with this here wrist..." Well I was putting my arm on my lap through the conversation, but after he said that I put my wrist on the  middle console and said yeah I know a lil bit bout what your talking about." But he then stopped and drove off but who knew that would happen!!

Well, my mission definitely has been one to remember, without my mission and the gospel of Jesus Christ I dont know where I'd be. I have seen a very evident change in who I am and what I stand for and my life has way more balance now than it did before I left. Each area that I've served in my mission has a special place in  my heart and I'm grateful for all the people I've met and taught and I have special place in my heart for each and everyone of them. Georgia definitely is a home a away from home and I will for sure miss this place. I have learned so much from my time here on my mission but I want to share 3 spiritual truths that I KNOW are true and they have come through acting on faith.

1. I know that there is not a trial in this world that we cannot overcome and God will strengthen us as we diligently serve him. Jesus Christ has descended below all of our pains and afflictions and knows our pains individually not collectively but he personally knows what you're going through.

2. I know that Joseph Smith truly did see God the Father and Jesus Christ and the first vision started the Restoration of all things which has brought back all the lost truths that we as Latter-day Saints hold true to today.

3. I know that the Book of Mormon is true along with the bible and through the study of these two divine collections of scripture that I've felt the Holy Ghost touch my heart and tell me these things are true.

I have alot more than three, but those are the core of what I know to be true and before my mission I believed they were true by now I am a witness that these truths are true. I'm not gonna lie my mission has been hard and challenging but the mission has taught me to appreciate life for what it is, take one thing at a time, and understand that no one is perfect. God wants us to continually try to improve. Its just like when a toddler is learning to walk, if the baby falls does it mean the child is not worthy to walk? No, but if the child doesnt get up or keep walking then he'll be on the ground forever. We all have a purpose in life and we each have to find our purpose, use your talents you have to lighten other peoples burdens around you.

I want to share a scripture that means a lot to me and has helped me understand why my faith is tested. Its Ether 12:4
"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope fobetter world, yea, even place at the right hand of Godwhich hope cometh of faithmaketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good worksbeing leto glorify God."

We learn by making mistakes and overcoming the battle between body and spirit. When we choose the right than the easier wrong when our faith is tested, our faith grows and we see it grow because we see the blessings after the trial. Always have a testimony in the Savior and His Atonement and you will be able to do anything you wish to in life.

I love y'all so much and i'm excited to talk to y'all next week!!! I cant wait to catch up and see how much everyone has grown. I promise I wont be crippled too long and I'll be back on that court before you know it! Thanks for all the prayers and support over the past two years it has really made a difference in my life. I couldnt have done it without y'all! 

My homecoming is July 16th at 11:00 a.m at 1850 North 400 East
NORTH LOGANUtah 84341

Thanks for everything and will see you in a week!!!
-Elder Hill!!
#Letsss gooo!
 
Bingo at the Nursing Home!  Alma, GA - June 2017

Bye to Alma Branch!  June 2017

Bye Georgia.  Alma GA - June 2017

Elder Hill and Showers at sunset!  Alma, GA - June 2017

Elder Hill and Elder Showers!

Last Zone Conference!  June 2017

At the pond where we about died!  Alma, GA - June 2017

It ain't Golds gym but you do what you gotta do!  June 2017, Alma, GA
 

1 comment:

  1. Such a great information you are giving through this blog about nursing service. Yeah, you are absolutely right, Caring of nursing service is a must. I have also found a new link about atlanta home care at http://www.affordablemedicalresources.com/

    ReplyDelete