Sunday, May 14, 2017

May 8, 2017 - Alma, GA

Hey Y'all!

Well some of you know that I had a very interesting week this past week and it has been a very difficult week to say the least.My letter will be a bit shorter because I broke my wrist on Thursday in a bike accident and I only have one arm to type with. God has definitely been with me through this process and I know I will be strengthened as I be obedient and the surgery will go well.  Just so you know I will be having surgery on Thursday instead of Tuesday and I just finished Preop a few minutes ago. It all went well and the doctors really did a good job and made it as painless as they could. Thank you for all your love and support and I know it will all work out.

Before I tell how I broke my wrist I just think its so ironic that I started my mission with a broken wrist and now Im ending my mission with a broken wrist. So on Thursday Elder McGee and I were biking in the rain and it was raining pretty hard. We were on the way back to the apartment for lunch. We were riding in the road when I felt we should move to the sidewalk to avoid traffic up ahead. I moved onto the sidewalk and looked up at the sky and when I did that there was a mailbox sticking out halfway into the sidewalk that my handlebar hit and I flipped going about 20 miles an hour. I felt a huge impact on my wrist and slid on my front side to a stop. I knew instantly that my wrist was broken but I had a major dejavu and felt like Ive been there before. Elder Mcgee kept going and a nice man told him to turn around and he brought him back. A few nice men called the ambulance and took me to the ER. I was in a good amount of pain, but the hardest part was dealing with how the future would change with my broken wrist. After being seen by the doctors they told me Id need surgery and Ill be having surgery this week on Thursday. I know that everything happens for a reason and I have lots of support and care here in Alma. 

This whole week has been one to remember and the Spirit at church helped me know of Gods love. I knew a mission was going to be hard and trials are hard but God doesn't give us one we cant overcome and with God anything is possible. The Alma branch is watching out for me. I appreciate all the prayers and thoughts. I'll quote a verse from the hymn book that brought me happiness and comfort. "How firm a foundation" “Fear not, I am with thee, O be not dismayed,For I am thy God, and will still give thee aid;I’ll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,Upheld by My righteous, omnipotent hand.”“When through fiery trials thy pathway shall lie,My grace, all sufficient, shall be thy supply;The flame shall not hurt thee; I only design Thy dross to consume, and thy gold to refine.”

I know God has helped me through this and I know that in the future this trial will be of great strength for me. Thank you fo all of the support and prayers. I know that there is power in prayer!
Thank you and dont worry Ill be good! I LOVE Y'ALL!

-Elder Hill
#round2  #itiswhatyoumakeit
 
Ballers! 

I hate mailboxes unless there are goodies and treats in them!

Where there is a Hill there is a mailbox!

Trip to the Hospital!

I think I need bubble wrap or something!  

Zone Conference May 2017
 

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Stop breaking things!
    Sorry Elder, but I love your attitude and someday I'm sure you'll look back and understand why these things happen! We are.glad you are safe however and still able to type and teach!
    Be safe. At least you are off the bike and bball court for.a while. I trust you don't have to bike one handed!
    We love you. 58 times a week folks at the Ft. COLLINS TEMPLE pray for you.
    -- Bro. Call

    ReplyDelete