Sunday, October 11, 2015

October 5, 2015 - Millidgeville, GA

Hey Fam!!!

I'm doing GREAT! It has definitely been wet down here! As you know, I was transferred and I now serve in Millidgeville Georgia and boy it sure is different from Waynesboro. I live right next to Georgia's military college and Georgia State university of liberal arts! The campus is sooo pretty and it's been fun serving in a town where people are active and actually do things outside! The town here is soo cool and it remind me alot of the town in Dukes of Hazard! Also fun fact, Millidgeville is home to the largest insame asylum hospital in the world! At one point it held over 13,000 patients and now it's abandoned. 👻 I haven't been there yet but when I do I'll take a picture of casper the friendly ghost for you guys:) My new companion is Elder Schiers from Parowan, Utah. We both were white washed into Millidgeville with two other missionaries. We have been living in a four pad for the past week. The other missionaries that we live with is Elder Davis and Elder Godwin! It's been alot of fun, but today we move into our new apartment so Elder Schiers and I will be living in our own place not to far from the other missionaries. It's good to hear that things are going well for you guys in Utah, I've been praying for you and I wish I could share the fun with you, but I will when I come back:)  

Elder Schiers and I have had already quite the week! The rain down here has gotten pretty crazy and it seems that every time I ride my bike there is a memorable story haha:) On my second day in Millidgeville Elder Schiers headed out on our bikes and we got about 3 miles from our house when it started to sprinkle. So we didn't think too much of it but it started to pick up and within 3 minutes I was drenched! We were about 5 miles from our house so we started to head back. The raindrops felt like hail and riding became increasingly difficult.. We kept going and we got to about 2 miles left with a hill that was at a 50 degree angle left that lasted for about a half mile. The good ol' hard working Mitch kicked in and we powered through it! After that Elder Schiers and I rode downhill to our house where we hit the HOT shower! It was quite the physical experience and I'm sure it won't be the last but don't worry as long as God is with me I can do all things!

I thoroughly enjoyed General Conference and I've learned more this conference than all the conferences I've attended combined! I was soo intrigued by every single word from every speakers and the spirit really pierced my heart. It was hard for me to find a talk that was my favorite, but Elder Hollands talk on motherly love and how it's compared to the pure love of Christ really spoke to me! Love you mom:) I love you guys! Also I liked the message by the prophet in the Sunday morning session and even though he struggled to speak, it made his message that much more powerful because he knew it was that important for us to hear! My testimony is sure growing and I feel like I'm really finding myself and who I want to become!

I hope you guys have a great week! I LOVE YOU GUYS SOO MUCH!
Mitchell


2 comments:

  1. Hey! Glad to hear you're doing well, even if you are all wet. You are exactly correct, we can do all things with Christ.
    My missionary assignment ends today, am currently in Houston on my way home for a couple of weeks. May be going back. For another 8 week assignment. Not a model I'd recommend for young missionaries, but I'm probably missing my wife more than you are.
    Conference was great. We're starting a ponderize plan with the young men: Ether 12:41 to start. Check it out.
    We still pray for you.
    Bro. Call

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Glad to hear you're doing well, even if you are all wet. You are exactly correct, we can do all things with Christ.
    My missionary assignment ends today, am currently in Houston on my way home for a couple of weeks. May be going back. For another 8 week assignment. Not a model I'd recommend for young missionaries, but I'm probably missing my wife more than you are.
    Conference was great. We're starting a ponderize plan with the young men: Ether 12:41 to start. Check it out.
    We still pray for you.
    Bro. Call

    ReplyDelete